France forced to cut six players from squad

France are to cut their Six Nations squad from 37 to 31 players as they set up a bubble to avoid COVID-19 contaminations, the French league and federation said on Saturday.
The initial agreement between the national league (LNR) and the federation (FFR) said that the France squad would feature 37 players and an extra five for training sessions, with nine of them being allowed to return for club duty when needed.
Under the new agreement, the 31 players will remain within the squad for the duration of the Six Nations, which starts on Feb. 6 and ends on March 20.
"The health situation requires us to take new measures to limit the risks associated with the movement of players entering and leaving the France squad during the period of the Six Nations," the FFR and LNR said in a joint statement.
"At the request of the FFR, the FFR and the LNR have therefore agreed to have a squad of 31 players from Jan. 31 and for the whole duration of the tournament."
The FFR and the LNR said that should a player be called on to replace an injured team mate, they would need to follow a strict protocol.
France start their campaign with a trip to Italy.
Coach Fabien Galthie named a 37-man squad earlier this month, but he has yet to trim down his group following the FFR and LNR announcement. (Reporting by Julien Pretot; Editing by Toby Chopra)
Latest Comments
Agree Rugby League has to fight to keep it’s market share (even in NSW, AFL is getting bigger), and to expand in the rest of Australia. Also Rugby Leage was getting raided by Rugby Union since the late 1990s. So, they have to get all the money they can. I think the drop in popularity of the ANZAC test, and it being another mid-season drain, on top of three State of Origin games, was the reason why they stopped it.
I think Rugby Australia and to a lesser degree the NZRU realize that they need more money or will soon become feeder competitions for Japan and Europe.
Also, if the proposed rugby union version of the ANZAC test gave 5%-10% of the profit to the RSA/RSL, that would be a good way to show respect to the ANZACs.
Go to commentsI was introduced to crypto investment by an investor I met on Telegram. I liked the program and decided to join the investment platform. At the beginning, I invested and made profits which I continued doing until the website disappeared. I could not withdraw any funds before the incident happened but luckily a friend of mine that works with FBI introduced me to WALLET CONNECT and they came just in time and assisted me to recover all the money. They did a great job and they were very professional to work with. It's quite unbelievable but it happened. We got our money back through their system assistance.
Email: wallet connect (@) usa. com
Wa: + /14122255918
Go to comments