‘I’m stoked to re-sign’: Ricky Riccitelli to remain with Blues

Following a sensational run of form in Super Rugby Pacific so far this season, hooker Ricky Riccitelli has officially re-signed with the Blues for another two years.
The Blues announced on Wednesday that the 92-game Super Rugby veteran will remain in Auckland until the end of the 2025 season.
Riccitelli started his Super Rugby career in the capital with the Hurricanes, and was part of the championship-winning squad in 2016.
But after playing more than 70 games for the Canes, Riccitelli made the move north in 2022. The dynamic No. 2 has become a matchday regular for the Blues – playing all but one game this season.
Having officially put pen to paper with the club, Riccitelli said he was “stoked” to have signed a two-year contract extension with the Blues.
“I’m stoked to re-sign with the Blues for another two years,” Riccitelli said in a statement.
“I’ve met some great blokes since making the move north in 2022 and I enjoy living with a few of the boys up here in Auckland.
“I’m grateful the Blues have shown a commitment to me for another two years.
“It’s been nice to see regular game time this season and I’m keen to build on those performances in the coming years at the Blues.”
The Blues are coming off a hard-fought win over the Hurricanes at Eden Park – with winger Mark Telea crossing for an unbelievable four-try haul.
Heading into the final round of the season, the Blues can clinch a spot in the top four heading into the playoffs with a win over the Highlanders.
“We’ve hit our straps in recent weeks and need a strong performance against the Highlanders to absolutely lock in home advantage for the playoffs,” he added.
“As a team we feel we are building nicely and need that momentum to continue as we get to the pointy end of the season.”
Riccitelli has played 21 matches for the Blues, and is expected to play a key role in their next couple of seasons after inking this deal.
Assistant coach Paul Tito described the hooker as “one of the hardest trainers in the group.”
“Ricky consistently demonstrates his value to the team,” Tito said.
“His ability at set piece, powerful ball carrying and work ethic make him an asset to our team. We are thrilled to have him on board for another two years and look forward to his continued growth and success.
“He’s one of the hardest trainers in the group and often one of the last to leave the training paddock.
“He brings energy and experience to our forward pack and works well with the younger members of the squad to improve their skills.”
Echoing the sentiment of those comments, Blues CEO Andrew Hore explained how Riccitelli was contributions to the clubs vision of “growing excellent rugby player and quality men.”
“We’ve been impressed by Ricky on and off the field in his time here at the Blues and are excited to see him further his rugby career with us,” Hore said.
“As an organisation we take great pride in growing excellent rugby players and quality men.
“This new deal solidifies Ricky’s dedication to the Blues and highlights his determination to contribute to the club’s success in the coming years.”
The Blues take on the Highlanders at Eden Park on Friday evening.
Latest Comments
As a devoted father of two, my primary concern has always been the safety and well-being of my family. This commitment to my family's security was put to the test on February 6, 2025, when I embarked on a quest to find a trustworthy home security system that could offer us the protection we needed. After conducting some research online, I stumbled upon a security company that seemed promising, and I took the initiative to reach out through their messaging platform. Hours later, my phone rang, and I was greeted by a representative claiming to be from a well-known home security company. They were reaching out to inform me about a special promotional offer, which immediately piqued my interest. However, as the promised week came and went without so much as a peep from the company, my feelings of unease began to escalate. I attempted to contact the company again to inquire about the delay, only to find that the number I had called was suddenly disconnected. It was at that moment—when the reality of the situation hit me—that I understood I had fallen victim to a scam. The devastation that followed was profound; losing $40,000 was not merely a financial setback but a personal failure in my eyes—an inability to safeguard my family's future. The experience left me feeling vulnerable, exposed, and utterly defeated. Determined to reclaim my lost resources, I knew that swift action was essential. I turned to the internet for help and began researching options for recovering my funds. During this search, I came across BOTNET CRYPTO RECOVERY, a company with a track record of assisting individuals who had encountered similar unfortunate situations. Intrigued by the success stories of people who had benefited from their services, I made the decision to reach out to them. From the moment I contacted BOTNET CRYPTO RECOVERY, I was met with professionalism and empathy. Their team was understanding of my plight and remained reassuring throughout the process. They immediately set to work on investigating the fraudulent transaction and kept me informed at every step, alleviating some of the anxiety that had consumed me since the incident.Thanks to their diligence, expertise, and unwavering commitment, BOTNET CRYPTO RECOVERY was eventually able to recover an astounding $35,800 of the $40,000 I had lost. The relief I felt was immeasurable; it was as if a heavy weight had been lifted from my shoulders. Not only did they help restore my finances, but they also provided me with something
invaluable—peace of mind.Their contact info is listed below.
+1 (431) 801-8951
botnetcryptorecovery@groupmail.com
Go to commentsAnd before so one retorts that playing in Japan’s Top League makes you soft, I did not see any soft Springboks out on the pitch against the All Blacks last August/ September.
Go to comments