'Third neck injury the end of this journey': Bleyendaal issues poignant farewell message
Recently retired Munster out-half Tyler Bleyendaal has said that his decision to quit the game was made easier when considering his priorities in life. The 29-year-old was forced to retire on Wednesday on medical grounds after sustaining a neck injury in November last year.
Having already had neck surgery in 2015 and 2018, the No10 revealed in an Instagram post that a third time was too much. This is what he said:
“The decision to retire was made easier once I considered what was most important, that being my family and my long term health. I battled a good bit of adversity, like most athletes do, overcoming two neck surgeries and giving everything to being the best player and team-mate I could be, but a third neck injury would be the end of this journey!”
In a candid post, Bleyendaal continued that he leaves the game with “no regrets”, having played for “two world-class organisations”.
The ex-New Zealand under-20s player joined the province from the Crusaders in January 2015, but would have to wait for his debut having arrived with a neck injury. He made his first of 62 appearances against Benetton in September that year and went on to captain the side on eleven occasions, scoring five tries and kicking 352 points. He shared photos of his time with both sides in his post on social media.
"https://www.rugbypass.com/news/tyler-bleyendaal-retires-from-rugby-with-immediate-effect/">circumstances that have seen him retire, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic, saying it is “sad not to be able to share this moment in person with my team-mates and friends”. While he finds himself in a position that many others have found themselves in, he still said he has “so much to be grateful for”.
Latest Comments
I was introduced to crypto investment by an investor I met on Telegram. I liked the program and decided to join the investment platform. At the beginning, I invested and made profits which I continued doing until the website disappeared. I could not withdraw any funds before the incident happened but luckily a friend of mine that works with FBI introduced me to ( WALLET CONNECT (AT) USA (.) C O M) WhatsApp +(1 (412) 225‑ 5918 ) and they came just in time and assisted me to recover all the money. They did a great job and they were very professional to work with. It's quite unbelievable but it happened. We got our money back through their system assistance.
Go to commentsYes that’s what WR needs to look at. Football had the same problem with european powerhouses getting all the latin talent then you’re gaurenteed to get the odd late bloomer (21/22 etc, all the best footballers can play for the country much younger to get locked) star changing his allegiance.
They used youth rep selection for locking national elifibilty at one point etc. Then later only counted residency after the age of 18 (make clubs/nations like in this case wait even longer).
That’s what I’m talking about, not changing allegiance in rugby (were it can only be captured by the senior side), where it is still the senior side. Oh yeah, good point about CJ, so in most cases we probably want kids to be able to switch allegiance, were say someone like Lemoto could rep Tonga (if he wasn’t so good) but still play for Australia’s seniors, while in someone like Kite’s (the last aussie kid to go to France) case he’ll be French qualified via 5 years residency at the age of 21, so France to lock him up before Aussie even get a chance to select him. But if we use footballs regulations, who I’m suggesting WR need to get their a into g replicating, he would only start his 5 years once he turns 18 or whatever, meaning 23 yo is as soon as anyone can switch, and when if they’re good enough teams like NZ and Aus can select them (France don’t give a f, they select anybody just to lock them).
Go to comments