'Totally unacceptable' - Ulster head coach reacts to alleged Zebo abuse

Ulster head coach Dan McFarland has called for information in order to get to the bottom of alleged abuse received by Racing 92's Ireland international Simon Zebo in their Champions Cup tie at the weekend.
The former Munster player tweeted in the aftermath of the game "I hope my ears deceived me with some comments directed my way from the crowd. #NotOn Django wins in the end."
Now McFarland, speaking to the BBC said: "We are aware of Simon's social media postings. If that is true, it is totally unacceptable. As an organisation, we put inclusivity right at the forefront of what we are - that's across everything."
"If there's anybody out there who knows what happened and if something happened and can give information on that, we want to know because nobody should have to put up with that.
Continue reading below...
Watch: Rugby World Cup Japan city guide - Fukuoka
RugbyPass contacted the EPCR on Monday who said there had been no change in the situation since they released a statement on Sunday which stated: ""EPCR has not received a formal complaint from Racing 92 regarding any alleged case of verbal abuse of one of the club’s players during yesterday’s Heineken Champions Cup, Pool 4 match at the Kingspan Stadium.
"EPCR is in contact with both Ulster Rugby and Racing 92, and will be making no further comment at this point."
On Sunday Ulster also released a statement saying "Ulster Rugby condemns all forms of abuse and will work with the relevant parties to robustly investigate any complaints received."
Zebo scored a try in Racing's 26-22 defeat at the Kingspan Stadium on Saturday, a result which kept Ulster's knockout hopes alive, however the French club remain three points ahead going into the final round of matches.
You may also like: Exceptional Stories: Ian McKinley
Latest Comments
And before so one retorts that playing in Japan’s Top League makes you soft, I did not see any soft Springboks out on the pitch against the All Blacks last August/ September.
Go to commentsMan…prop ain’t a issue. We are seeing now tge same issue the all blacks were having. 13 ain’t flowing and the class the blues like the ABs have in the backline ain’t firing. We blamed 10…we looked at Reece…reality is, how does sevu go from top try scorer last year and current to barely touching the ball during the tour. When a 13 that actually sets up is inside sevu, he shines. But we don’t question the 13(reiko) much, he was a winger that is used to finishing and playing isolated. Not strong or physical enough to crack the midfield. He ain’t setting noone up. Barely looks for options when he has ball in hand(that’s if he catches it first).Both tries this year finishing on the wing. I think reikos time is up.
Go to comments